Monday, September 8, 2008

My own weightloss program

So, this is my first post. I'm sure no one is going to give a crap, but I am going to blog about my weight loss..mostly for me to look back on and see how things go, what I did wrong, what I did right, etc. I am not using a nutritionist, etc. I pretty much know what I need to do to eat right, I just need to do it.
I am also a SAHM, and I get virtually no exercise (unless you count housework - which I don't).
I want to fit into my old clothes, and do some of the things I did when I was younger. I know I won't be able to do everything, but I am only 31, and should be able to still do a lot.
I realized I needed to start getting serious when I found out I weigh as much now as I did after both of my pregnancies - which is 200 lbs. Considering I am only 4'10," that's way too much. I think my BMI is in the 40's, which is not good whatsoever.
I also want more energy.

So far I have started buying more fresh fruits and vegetables. I always make sure the kids have proper diets, but I tended to use canned fruits and veggies, and I personally didn't always follow the same diet. For one, to show a good example, I need to eat the same as them, and buying fresh fruits and veggies will help eliminate some of the sugar, etc. that comes in the canned stuff. Plus, fresh tastes better. I am avoiding buying junk food for snacks and sticking to eating veggies, etc. for snacks.

As for the exercise part, I have joined the local YMCA, and started to participate in some of their classes. It has been hard to get away sometimes, because of the kids, but I have so far been to the 'dance' class twice, and started beginners yoga today. I am also wanting to start their "power 1/2 hour" to work on some strength building as well. I can take my kids to their daycare while I'm there, but if I have my nephew (which I have 90% of the time), I can't take him since he's not on my membership. I haven't gone into the exercise room yet, but maybe i'll find time to do that w/in the next few weeks. I'm hoping to get a good routine going so that I can start dropping the pounds.

I don't have a scale yet, so I have to just judge if I'm losing or not by how my clothing fits for now. I hope to buy one soon, but money is tight, so we'll have to see what happens.

Right now I weight about 200 lbs. My goal is to get to 150 lbs. I think I might try to lose more after that, but, for now, 150 would be awesome. I haven't weight 150 for over 8 years (my weight when I found out I was pregnant with my oldest, who is 8). I also want to be able to do some of the stuff (splits, cartwheels) that I did when I was younger without killing myself.

No comments: